What Is Acne?
Acne Treatment; the human skin especially on the face, neck, back and chest has pores that contains microscopic hair follicles. For some reasons sometimes these follicles are overproduced and block the pores. The oil produced called sebum, fills up under the skin and the bacteria begin to grow.
What Causes Acne?
The development process of pimples is quite complicated. The only thing we are sure is that pores collapse by themselves and prevent releasing of sebum oil. The main causes of acne are;
- Hormones: Acne is generally a hormonal disorder. Hormones are responsible for the maturation of sebaceous glands in our skin. The maturation of sebaceous glands increases the chances of forming acne; that’s why children do not have acne.
- Testosterone: Doctors and researchers have found that increased levels of androgens in both men and women can lead to acne. Either the excess oil produced by androgens or another unknown reason may cause bacteria to clog hair follicles forming acne.
- Estrogen: Estrogen is a confounding hormone for acne sufferers because both low and high estrogen levels can cause deep, cystic acne in your skin. Estrogen levels, like thyroid hormones, should not be too high or too low, but always in balance. Estrogen is an extremely important hormone for women and one of its effects is to reduce the oil production in your skin, which is the opposite of testosterone. It balances the effects of the testosterone, so if the level of estrogen is low, it may cause the testosterone to become unbalanced.
- Diet: Science still does not know whether there is a correlation between acne and diet. The evidence of this relation is getting lower. While losing body weight, acne may reduce; however it is very likely that acne returns after you lose weight, no matter what anti-acne diet you take.
- Stress: Stress symptoms can intensify acne but with treatment we can overcome this condition.
- Inflammation: Acne is characterized by inflammation, often involving redness and soreness. The initial reaction of the body to the inflammation is one of the main causes of the formation of acne and the blocked pores.
Laser Acne Treatment
Acne is a skin disease with clogged pores (black and white dots), red blisters, inflamed swellings and cysts in the deep laser acne treatment layers of the skin. Common acne (acne vulgaris) can usually appear on the face, neck, chest, back, shoulders and even the upper arms. Many people in adolescence experience acne to a certain extent. Although it is most common in adolescence, acne can be seen in all age groups. Acne may regress over time without treatment, but it is beneficial to treat it due to the risk of scarring in this process.
Although acne is not a life-threatening disease, it can negatively affect the patient psychologically.
What are the risks of acne or pimples?
The most common risk or side effect is the scars seen on the skin due to acne. Apart from this, cystic acne may grow and collect surgery and require more aggressive treatments. As mentioned above, it can cause a depressive state.
How does acne occur?
The reason is not known exactly. However, the mechanism of occurrence is understood. In men and women, the male hormone increases in adolescence, stimulates the sebaceous glands and causes them to grow. Acne is common in areas where the sebaceous glands are common, such as the face, back and chest. The sebaceous glands, a type of bacteria, hormones and excessive proliferation in follicular cells play a role in the mechanism of acne or acne formation.
Rarely, acne can be seen together with other hormone disorders.
The sebaceous glands are located in a channel that contains the hair, which we call follicles. The sebaceous glands secrete an oily substance called sebum, this substance moves along the canal and is discharged from the pores on the skin surface. The place where the sebaceous gland duct opens to the skin is called pore. It clogs the pores of the skin by combining with the oil secreted from the canal and dead skin cells discharged from the canal. Thus, bacteria easily grow in this channel. Chemical substances produced by these bacteria stimulate the inflammatory reaction in the sebaceous gland and thus the wall of the duct is cracked. The distribution of sebum, bacteria and dead cells in the skin causes redness, swelling and inflammatory reaction.
Black spots on the skin develop as a result of plugs formed by fat and dead cells where the fat follicles open to the skin, and black spots have nothing to do with dirt. For normal skin care, the skin should be washed twice a day with soap. Acne is not caused by dirt. Washing the skin too often and vigorously causes acne to get worse.
Although the relationship between acne and the foods we eat has not been definitively proven, there are publications indicating that it may be associated with milk, chocolate and a high-color diet.
Acne is a disease that can heal or get worsen spontaneously, regardless of food. Diet alone is not enough to control acne. But if you have detected foods that increase your acne, these foods should be avoided. A balanced diet is recommended for patients with acne as well as everyone else.
Tanning suppresses acne, but this situation is temporary. Since the sun causes premature skin aging and cancer, it is not recommended to burn in the sun and tanning beds. For this reason, acne patients should use sunscreens in the form of oil-free gels or lotions while under the sun.
If you are using a moisturizer or foundation, make sure this product is oil-free. Use products marked non-comedogenic (does not produce blackheads) or non-acnegenic. Clean your makeup with soap and water every night. Lotions containing benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid and sulfur can be used. Non-powdered oil-free products can be used as a concealer. When applying hair spray or gels, the face area should be protected.
What Are Acne Treatment Methods?
- Oral medications
- Acne treatment with laser
Does stress cause acne? How does stress cause acne?
When we are experiencing stress, our adrenal gland becomes overly active then the androgens produced by this gland (male hormones) increase. High levels of androgen cause more acne.
- Fullness of the face
- Wrinkles treatment
- Redness and capillaries