- Hair Transplant For Women
Hair Transplant For Women
Female patients suffering from hair loss should be examined by a dermatologist before deciding on a hair transplant to rule out treatable medical conditions that may cause hair loss.
To find out if they are suitable candidates for the hair transplant procedure, a microscopic hair evaluation should be performed in women and the severity of the shedding should be diagnosed.
Hair loss in women is different from men. Women are equally prone to hair loss across the scalp. This fact also shows that the patient may lose the transplanted hair again at some point with hair transplant treatment.
Before deciding on the hair transplant procedure, your doctor should consider the size of the active balding areas and estimate the number of permanent hair the patient has that can be used in the hair restoration surgery process. Before the procedure ”Will the hair follicles to be taken provide adequate covering for the area to be transplanted? “The question should be answered.
How to Determine Candidates Not Suitable for Hair Transplant Treatment in Women?
Typically, female patients who have scattered hair loss and do not have sufficient donor resources are not suitable candidates for hair transplantation.
How to Determine the Eligible Candidates for Hair Transplant Treatment in Women?
- Female patients with male pattern hair loss are suitable candidates for hair transplant treatment. As in men, the hair in the nape area called the donor area is strong and resistant to shedding. Those who have enough donor hair.
- If the hairline is behind, it may cause the face to look less feminine. For these patients, a more attractive appearance can be gained by putting the hairline forward with hair transplantation treatment.
- The appearance of hair loss due to scar and trauma can be camouflaged by hair transplantation method.
- Traction alopecia – It is the state of withdrawal in the hairline, which occurs as a result of pulling back strongly to straighten the hair in braids, tight ponytails, tight and hard hairpins and especially in curled hair. It can be corrected by hair transplantation.
- Trichotillomania; It is also known as hair plucking disease. This ailment, which is considered as a control disorder, is the inability of the person to resist the urge to pluck the eyebrows, eyelashes, beard, genital area or hair. This situation should first be treated psychologically. If the hair removal disease is completely cured, the patient can be evaluated for hair transplantation.
Determining the Expectations of Women Who Will Have Hair Transplantation?
Women have different expectations from men regarding hair restoration. Determining realistic expectations for female patients is the most important stage of hair transplant treatment. First of all, the cause of the current spill should be determined correctly.
The regenerated hairline as a result of hair transplantation treatment may not be as intense as when hair loss does not start in female patients. For some female patients, more than one hair transplant may be needed to increase hair density and meet their expectations.
What Are The Treatment Options For Genetic Hair Loss In Women?
- Medicines also known as Minoxidil can be used to reduce hair loss to slow down hair loss.
- Low Level Light Therapy (LLLT) for hair loss; It can be used in patients who have not experienced any progress in combating hair loss using other treatments. Hair loss treatment with laser can be considered as an additional treatment method in patients who are not suitable candidates for hair transplantation and in patients who have undergone hair transplantation treatment. LLLT is a noninvasive procedure that stimulates hair growth by exposing hair follicles to low levels of light in the early stages of hair loss. Generally, patients with less than 20% miniaturization of active hair loss are suitable candidates for laser hair restoration.
- SMP – Scalp Mirco-Pigmentation (SMP); It is a surgical treatment method that places the pigment in the dermal layer of the scalp to increase the appearance of hair follicles. SMP darkens the thinning areas of the scalp and helps create a hair look by minimizing the contrast between hair color and skin tone.
- Cosmetic Methods; Cosmetics like Toppik and DerMatch can temporarily reduce color contrasts between hair and scalp and reduce the appearance of hair loss.