Hair Transplant With FUE Method
Hair Transplantation (Follicular Unit Extraction) technique with FUE method is a technique that was first developed in 2004 and gradually improved especially after the introduction of motor-based FUE in 2010. Dr. Civas has been performing FUE operations since 2006. In 2006, roots could only be taken between 1500-2000 grafts. Due to developments in medical technology, total graft transfer in a single day since 2010, and root retrieval has increased up to 2700-4000 grafts depending on the patient’s existing donor hair.
What is FUE hair transplant?
- FUE is a method of obtaining a follicular unit in which follicular units are taken directly from the donor area without the need for a linear incision.
- In this procedure, punches of 0.6mm-1mm are used to make a small circular incision in the skin around the upper part of the graft, and the hair follicles are then taken directly from the scalp.
- Since this technique does not leave a linear scar, it is suitable for patients who want to use their hair short.
- The procedure is also suitable for patients who have recovered poorly from traditional strip harvesting or whose scalp is very tight.
- An important application of this technique is to camouflage an expanded linear donor scar from a previous FUT procedure.
Three Step FUE
A major advance in Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE hair transplant) has been the addition of “blunt” dissection to the original “sharp” dissection technique followed by extraction.
This method was developed at ISHRS in 2004 by Dr. Provided by Harris. In this three-step technique, a sharp punch is used to score the epidermis (cuts only the top of the skin) and then a sharp punch is used to sharply cut out the follicular unit grafts (separate the follicular unit grafts from the surrounding deeper dermis). removal from the scalp.
The advantage of this technique over the original two-step procedure is that using a blunt punch minimizes follicle transection (damage). As the blunt-tipped punch is pushed into the dermis, the follicles naturally split deeper into the skin “clump together” within the opening of the instrument rather than risk cutting the lower follicles.
As a matter of fact, the safe removal and transplantation of the grafts is the most important part that leads to the desired result. The design of the hairline and the angling of the cuts should be done very carefully so that the results are undetectable. Therefore, finding a good hair transplant surgeon is really important in hair transplantation with FUE method.
Do not forget that hair transplantation is not only a medical procedure, but also an artistic approach directly related to the skill and talent of the surgeon.
Modified FUE Hair Transplant
Dr Civas is an expert FUE hair transplant surgeon. He interacted with tens of thousands of hair loss patients in his more than 20 years of hair transplantation and dermatological experience. His continuous education and experience has enabled him to develop a modified FUE technique used in hair implant patients.
In the FUE technique, hair follicles are made with small incisions around the hair follicles and extracted with special punches, and individual hair follicles are obtained from the donor area. The modified FUE technique is highly recommended to our patients, mainly because of its advantageous properties stated below:
Speed of the Procedure: With the modified FUE technique in Civas Hair Transplantation, we can transplant up to 3500 grafts in one session. More than 3500 grafts are not safe
Use of very high quality and special staples
- It is a semi-hand graft removal technique that provides high precision in the removal of grafts.
- High graft survival rates.
- Fast recovery in both donor and transplant areas.
Anesthesia for a painless procedure
Thanks to the high quality hair transplant solution used, it has been proven that there is 50% less swelling after transplantation.
Some of the features of the modified FUE technique are:
- Use of both manual and motorized technique; used to wrap around the motor graft; then the grafts are removed manually. This provides minimal damage to the follicle.
- Drill sizes vary with graft size; 0.6 mm for 1s Follicular Units (FUs), 0.8 mm for 2 and 3 FUs and 1 mm for 4 sec FUs.
- Soft hairline created by only 1s FU’s.
- Use of very high quality and special punching tools.
- Implantation through lateral slits to reveal greater thickness and density.
- Emphasis is placed on restructuring the hairline to give a more natural look.
- Completely painless anesthesia application technique.
- Use of high quality anesthetic solutions.
- The patient is fully recovered and can continue his normal duty 3 days – 1 week after the operation.
- The surgery is minimally invasive; small incisions leave almost less scars and usually disappear completely 2-3 weeks after the hair restoration procedure.
- Success rate 90-97%
The main advantages of the modified FUE technique are:
- Faster implantation – transfer up to 4000 grafts in one session.
- The procedure is completely painless.
- High precision in collecting grafts.
- Minimal follicular damage.
- High graft survival rates.
- Rapid recovery of both the donor and the transplanted areas.
- Thanks to the high quality hair transplant solution used, it has been proven that there is 50% less swelling.