- Eyebrow Transplant
- Causes of eyebrow loss:
- Who can be a candidate for eyebrow transplant?
- What is the procedure for eyebrow transplant?
- Is eyebrow transplant surgery painful?
- How long does the eyebrow transplant process take?
- How do you take care of newly transplanted eyebrows?
- How long is the recovery period of eyebrow transplantation?
- When do the transplanted eyebrows start to grow?
- When do you see the final results of eyebrow transplantation?
- Are natural results possible in eyebrow transplantation?
- Are the transplanted eyebrows permanent?
- Ankara eyebrow transplant
Eyebrow transplant surgery permanently returns the eyebrows to their almost natural appearance.
Causes of eyebrow loss:
- The influence of genetic factors,
- Excessive plucking or picking of the eyebrow,
- Tattoos on eyebrows,
- Factors such as thyroid diseases can cause eyebrow loss.
Eyebrow transplantation restores the natural appearance of the eyebrows to the patients. However, the procedure is very precise and requires close attention to detail, particularly the angle of insertion and density.
Who can be a candidate for eyebrow transplant?
- Male and female patients with little or no genetic eyebrows.
- Female patients with severely severed eyebrows, tattooed eyebrows.
- Male and female patients with eyebrow scarring due to burns, accident or surgery.
- Female patients affected by thyroid diseases causing eyebrow loss.
- Male and female patients who want to shape or fill their eyebrows for an aesthetic appearance.
What is the procedure for eyebrow transplant?
Similar to hair and beard transplantation, hair grafts taken from the donor area at the back of the head are transplanted into the eyebrow area. Small incisions are made carefully enough to preserve the patient’s natural appearance throughout the brow area. Then the grafts taken from the donor area are precisely planted in the incision sites. The size, shape, density and placement angle of the grafts for eyebrow transplantation are very important and differ from patient to patient.
Male and female patients have different eyebrow structures. Male patients tend to have thicker, wider, and less curved eyebrows, while female patients have a thinner and more curved eyebrow structure. Since some breeds have thicker eyebrows than others, factors such as ethnicity should be considered when performing eyebrow transplantation. The number of grafts transplanted depends on the patient’s appearance; however, on average, the number of grafts for each eyebrow varies between 100-150. The grafts are carefully selected in terms of thickness and color; in order to preserve the natural thinness, only single grafts are transplanted to the eyebrows. Eyebrow transplantation is done with the FUE technique.
Is eyebrow transplant surgery painful?
No, the procedure is painless since it is performed under local anesthesia.
How long does the eyebrow transplant process take?
The operation takes approximately 2-3 hours to complete.
How do you take care of newly transplanted eyebrows?
- You should not touch the transplanted eyebrows on the first day after the operation.
- During the first week while washing your face, lightly tap the transplanted area with water or gently wipe with a wet finger in the direction of the transplanted grafts.
- Do not go directly under the shower, as the pressure of the water can dislodge the grafts.
- You can continue to wash your face normally after 10 days.
How long is the recovery period of eyebrow transplantation?
When the skin begins to heal, scabs will form within the first few days after surgery. The scabs will begin to shed after 1 week. Don’t scrape them, instead let them fall naturally. The redness in the transplanted area disappears for a few weeks.
When do the transplanted eyebrows start to grow?
Transplanted eyebrows start to grow after 2 months and become denser over time.
When do you see the final results of eyebrow transplantation?
The results are best seen after 6-8 months because most of them correspond to the time the transplanted eyebrow grows. Full results will be seen after 1 year.
Are natural results possible in eyebrow transplantation?
If the doctor is experienced and talented in eyebrow aesthetics, the results will completely adapt to the patient’s face and look natural. However, eyebrows need to be shortened frequently, as they can grow longer than normal eyebrows.
Are the transplanted eyebrows permanent?
Yes, the transplanted eyebrows remain in the area where they were transplanted for life.
Ankara eyebrow transplant
Dr. Civas and his team perfected the art of designing eyebrows, taking into account the patient’s facial features, resulting in an undetectable natural look. He is keen to establish the direction and angle of the recipient areas that mimic the natural anatomy of the eyebrows.